PTI: Chained Q elements
joe at lingua-data.com
Mon Mar 21 14:05:04 PDT 2011
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Joe Breher <joe at lingua-data.com>
In regards to the PTI chaining mechanism, there are a couple other things
that occurred to me after we left the topic. If we are chaining elements, it
seems to me that there would still be a requirement for multiple DMAs in
order to transfer an 'operation' between controller and host memory.
- We don't know that there would be chained elements until we DMA the first
element, and check it's CHAINING COUNT.
- with a circular Q, there is a discontinuity in memory addresses where the Q
wraps. Will a typical DMA controller wrap appropriately without further
Am I missing something?
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10