PS_REQ primitives

Greg Tabor greg.tabor at maxim-ic.com
Tue Mar 1 20:34:14 PST 2011

* Greg Tabor <greg.tabor at maxim-ic.com>
*
Tom,
PS_REQ (PARTIAL) and PS_REQ (SLUMBER) are defined as redundant primitives
sequences.  The exact rules for redundant primitive sequences are defined in
SPL 6.2.4.7, but in short, a redundant primitive sequence consists of the
same
primitive transmitted 6 times consecutively.  I believe that figure 104 only
shows a single PS_REQ primitive sequence followed by a single PS_ACK
primitive
sequence, each consisting of 6 of the same primitive transmitted
consecutively.	(Note, of course, that PS_REQ and PS_ACK primitive sequences
may also include deletable primitives such as ALIGN or NOTIFY between any of
the "consecutive" primitives).
In general, a single PS_REQ primitive sequence (6x primitives) constitutes a
request to enter a low phy power condition, and a single PS_ACK primitive
sequence (6x primitives) constitutes acknowledgement.  Read clause 6
thoroughly for the complete rules governing low phy power conditions.
Regards,
Greg Tabor
Maxim Integrated Products

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org