Vendor-Specific Mode Subpages

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Mon Jan 24 15:21:00 PST 2011

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1101244_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I am aware of some vendor specific sub-pages in the E0h to EFh range for
mode page 19h for SAS protocol specific use. I have to support the use of
these mode page 19h sub-pages for vendor specific use. I don't see any harm
in extending this "privilege" to other standard pages as well to simplify
the documentation (i.e., not make mode page 19h a glaring exception to the
rule).
I am surprised that we have two tables (164 and 398) that apparently have
the same purpose (i.e., indicating which mode pages and sub-pages are
standard/ restricted/ vendor specific). It would be more logical to do this
in one table, to prevent the conflicts you have discovered. The table 398
structure seems more suited to providing all of the needed details.

> *
> Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation |
Office:949.856.7748 |