Binary multiple units (was Re: Posted: updated change history#2)

Joe Breher joe at lingua-data.com
Thu Aug 25 10:47:54 PDT 2011

* Joe Breher <joe at lingua-data.com>
*
I am afraid your definition of K and M perpetuate a bad practice of mixing
the meanings of 2^10n with 10^3n. I would prefer to see the definition of Ki
= 2^10, Mi = 2^20, Gi = 2^30 ...., as per the IEC, IEEE, CIPM and NIST
recommended practice.
Joe Breher
President,
lingua data (a dba of q music inc)
(478) 2-Breher
(478) 227-3437
On Aug 25, 2011, at 2:42 AM, keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp wrote:
> * keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
> *
>

> Hello all,
>
> I posted updated change history on ftp.
> ftp.avc-pioneer.com/Mtfuji_8/Proposal/Aug11/Introduction-F8R090-2.pdf
>
> Kohda-san commented that Fuji may have same definition with "Table 1 ?
> Representation of Multiplier Values" of MMC6 for kbytes/Kbytes. So I added
"
> Table 4 - Representation of Multiplier Values" and removed "2.2.89 Gbytes".
And

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org