SMC-3 element static and volume static data

Michael Banther Michael.Banther at arkivum.com
Mon Aug 15 02:05:51 PDT 2011

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1108150_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for getting back to me.
May I suggest that SMC-3 include a ‘shall’ clause to establish a unit
attention condition when either the element static or the volume static
information changes?  Using a unit attention to signal to the initiator that
‘static’ information has changed allows the initiator the opportunity to
cache the static information and update it only when necessary.
I apologize that I am not in a position to bring a proposal to the WG myself.
All the Best,
Michael