SMC-3 element static and volume static data

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 9 07:55:22 PDT 2011

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1108091_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Michael,
In our discussions we discussed this very item.  We resolved that "Static"
is static in the scope of not changing operationally but could change in a
configuration type event.  As an example, volume static information might
change in response to a FORMAT MEDIUM operation.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/