Question about ROD token "well-known" type

david.black at emc.com david.black at emc.com
Thu Apr 21 14:37:54 PDT 2011

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1104211_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

There will be a single well-known ROD token type in the next version of
11-080 and 11-059, and the name of this will be changed to reflect exactly
what it is.  The purpose of that predefined ROD token will be to serve as a
source of zeroes for the WRITE USING TOKEN command in 11-059 - to be precise,
when the WRITE USING TOKEN command presents that predefined ROD token as a
source of data, the written user data is all 0’s and the written protection
information, if any, is all F’s.
Thanks,
--David