FCP-4: FCP_RSP IU Note

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 22 15:21:51 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r100922a_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

The note is there, not to give targets an out, but rather to inform
initiators that targets implemented to a previous version of the standard
might behave differently.  I don't know the history here and I like to
remove all notes that are not needed, but the consequence of doing so is
that new developers of FCP-4 compliant initiators may not be tolerant of
old targets.  How old are we talking about?  Is this back to FCP or
earlier?  That is, will FCP-2 compliant targets pass the current FCP-4
requirements here?  If so, then I say remove the note.	However, if FCP-2
compliant devices might do this, then I think we need the note.
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/