FCP-4: FCP_RSP IU Note

Neil Wanamaker Neil_Wanamaker at pmc-sierra.com
Wed Sep 22 13:53:42 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1009228_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

But... the note is for implementors of FCP-4-compliant initiators, and
suggests that they should tolerate the old targets. The word 'shall'
does not appear in this note.
If someone new to FCP picks up FCP-4 and implements an initiator, he
would otherwise have no hint that some old targets had this behaviour.