FCP-4: FCP_RSP IU Note

jmasker at attotech.com jmasker at attotech.com
Wed Sep 22 13:37:09 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1009226_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I ran across a device that did this back in May of this year.  I believe
it was a fairly recent model because there was another problem with the
FCP_RSP frame that the vendor corrected pretty quickly.
Not sure if we are allowed to mention what vendor and device that was on
here, if so I can tell you later.
I can't say whether it was FCP-4 compliant or not - it was at a customer
site.
David Peterson <dpeterso at brocade.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
09/22/2010 03:05 PM
"t10 at t10.org" <t10 at t10.org>
cc
Subject
FCP-4: FCP_RSP IU Note
FCP-4 still has the following note:
NOTE 7 - Some early implementations presented the FCP_RSP IU without the
FCP_RESID field, FCP_SNS_LEN field, and FCP_RSP_LEN field if the
FCP_RESID_UNDER bit, FCP_RESID_OVER bit, FCP_SNS_LEN_VALID bit, and
FCP_RSP_LEN_VALID bit were all set to zero. This non-standard behavior
should be tolerated.
Are there still implementations that present the FCP_RSP IU without the
FCP_RESID field, FCP_SNS_LEN field, and FCP_RSP_LEN field if the
FCP_RESID_UNDER bit, FCP_RESID_OVER bit, FCP_SNS_LEN_VALID bit, and
FCP_RSP_LEN_VALID bit were all set to zero ?
I would really hope that we have moved past this non-standard behavior and
would like to remove this note.
Thanks?Dave