FCP-4: FCP_RSP IU Note

David Peterson dpeterso at brocade.com
Wed Sep 22 11:53:47 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1009221_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

FCP-4 still has the following note:
NOTE 7 - Some early implementations presented the FCP_RSP IU without the
FCP_RESID field, FCP_SNS_LEN field, and FCP_RSP_LEN field if the
FCP_RESID_UNDER bit, FCP_RESID_OVER bit, FCP_SNS_LEN_VALID bit, and
FCP_RSP_LEN_VALID bit were all set to zero. This non-standard behavior should
be tolerated.
Are there still implementations that present the FCP_RSP IU without the
FCP_RESID field, FCP_SNS_LEN field, and FCP_RSP_LEN field if the
FCP_RESID_UNDER bit, FCP_RESID_OVER bit, FCP_SNS_LEN_VALID bit, and
FCP_RSP_LEN_VALID bit were all set to zero ?
I would really hope that we have moved past this non-standard behavior and
would like to remove this note.
Thanks...Dave