Editorial errors in WRITE LONG (10) command that need to be fixed

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Fri Sep 10 07:35:35 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1009100_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

These editorial errors were observed in SBC-3 rev. 24:
(1) In the first sentence under table 105, within the e.g., this phrase:
"... , any WRITE command that specifies the writes to the same logical
block, ..."
should be "...any WRITE command that specifies <<a write>> to the same
logical block, ...".
(2) In the second paragraph after table 105, first sentence:
"... the setting of the CD_SUP bit indicates whether or not the logical unit
supports the CD_SUP bit being set to one ..."
should be "the setting of the CD_SUP bit indicates whether or not the
logical unit supports the <<COR_DIS>> bit being set to one ..."
The changed words are shown between << >>. I think the SBC-3 editor should
be allowed to make these corrections without needing a proposal. If anyone
disagrees, I would be willing to submit a proposal that includes the content
of this email.