FW: RE: T10 Working Draft Assignment: spl-r06d

Richard Bohn richard.bohn at seagate.com
Tue Jun 1 12:40:55 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1006012_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I'm not in favor of the wording of the PS_NAK section (6.2.6.12 PS_NAK) as I
don't think we should strictly limit the reasons for sending PS_NAK as this
new paragraph appears to do.
In my view, devices should have some freedom in determining whether to ACK /
NAK a power condition request once the feature is enabled on a link. The
recipient of the request may have knowledge outside of the specification in
addition to just being in "an attempt to establish a connection" that would
lead it want to NAK a request to balance the power / performance trade-off
of a particular system.
I'd suggest adding the following additional item to the list:
c) a PS_REQ is received and the request is disallowed for a vendor-specific
reason.
Richard Bohn
Office: 952-402-3848