Clarify between decimal bytes and binary bytes

Curtis Stevens curtis.stevens at wdc.com
Mon Jul 12 16:03:20 PDT 2010

* "Curtis Stevens" <curtis.stevens at wdc.com>
*
IDEMA is about standardizing the number of sectors reported for a given GB
or TB.	The goal is to allow you to have some degree of confidence that when
you purchase a 5TB replacement drive for your raid, that it has the same
number of sectors as the other 5TB drives.  This is not about TiB vs TB, its
about raw numbers of sectors vs what's on the label.
Curtis E. Stevens
Sr. Staff  Engr - Standards & Features Technology
20511 Lake Forest Drive #A 113-F
Lake Forest, California 92630
Phone: 949-672-7933
Cell: 949-307-5050