Clarify between decimal bytes and binary bytes

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Wed Jul 7 13:27:32 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r100707e_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

SPC-4 uses binary units in an EXTENDED COPY command-related TRANSFER COUNT
field (see pg 324 table 206).
SES-3 uses binary units to report non-volatile cache sizes (see pg 100 table
94).
SBC-3 uses binary units when discussing the addressing limits of READ(6) (see
pg 99 note 10).  I thought we deleted that note, but it's still there; we
should consider obsoleting READ(6) and WRITE (6) entirely, which would take
care of that case.   If the note remains, then a normative reference to IEC
60072 is needed.
---
Rob Elliott    HP ISS Platform Technology - Server Storage