Clarify between decimal bytes and binary bytes

Knight, Frederick Frederick.Knight at netapp.com
Wed Jul 7 12:25:52 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r100707b_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I can't find any MB, Mb, MiB, or any other such similar unit used in SPC
or SBC.  Every unit that is used is very clearly defined.
I'll be interested to see exactly what it is you are proposing to
un-confuse.
I agree marketing literature often has a problem in this area, but we
don't use marketing style language in the T10 standards.
		Fred Knight