Clarify between decimal bytes and binary bytes

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Wed Jul 7 11:43:47 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1007076_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I agree with your description of the use of MB versus MiB, but a quick
search of the most common T10 standards show no instance of the use of
either acronym. I'm not sure we should be specifying use of terms that are
not present in T10 standards, but are used in product data sheets.
SAS-2 does use MBps (for Megabytes per second) and correctly defines it as a
decimal entity.