Clarify between decimal bytes and binary bytes

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 7 09:37:23 PDT 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1007072_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I believe that the time has come to clear up confusion in the industry
about the units used in T10 standards.	There should be a clause added in
each of the standards describing the difference between decimal bytes
(e.g., MB = 10^6) and binary bytes (e.g., MiB = 2^20).	There has been
this definition in IEC for since Dec 1998.