ADI Working Group Teleconference

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at quantum.com
Tue Jan 19 14:41:24 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1001197_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

After voting at last week's meeting to accept the current letter ballot
comment resolution on ADT-2, a new item was brought to the working
group's attention yesterday.  We are considering having an ad hoc
teleconference on Wednesday, 27 January, from 8:00 to 8:30 PST to
consider the proposed change.
If you wish to attend, please advise Curtis Ballard
(curtis.ballard at hp.com) and myself whether the proposed time is
acceptable to you.  When we have a quorum, Curtis will announce the
teleconference information via the T10 reflector.
The proposed change is to clause 4.7, which fails to mention that a
Device Reset IU can cause a hard reset.  It currently reads:
A hard reset is a response to a power on condition or optionally a
Reseta event (see table 8). The target port's response to a
hard reset shall include initiating the equivalent of a logical unit
reset for all logical units as described in SAM-3.
Proposed text:
A hard reset is a response to:
  a) a power on condition;
  b) a Reseta event (see table 8); or
  c) a Device Reset IU.
The target port's response to a hard reset . . .
Thanks,
Paul
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office:
949.856.7748 | paul.suhler at quantum.com