Fwd: [Chairs] INCITS/SN1 - Sensor Networks - February 1, 2010 Organizational Meeting Announcement, Call for Members and Call for Contributions - Reply by January 15, 2010 (Contributions) and January 28, 2010 (Membership Requests)

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Tue Jan 5 08:57:53 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1001050_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

For your information...
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: "eb at standards.incits.org" <eb at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "chairs at standards.incits.org" <chairs at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "sc-tags at standards.incits.org" <sc-tags at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "sensors at standards.incits.org" <sensors at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "incits-sensor-networks at standards.incits.org"
>	 <incits-sensor-networks at standards.incits.org>
>Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:31:46 -0700
>Subject: [Chairs] INCITS/SN1 - Sensor Networks - February 1, 2010
> Organizational Meeting Announcement, Call for Members and Call for
> Contributions - Reply by January 15, 2010 (Contributions) and January 28,
> 2010 (Membership Requests)
>
>Please distribute the attached information concerning the February 1, 2010
organizational meeting for the proposed new INCITS Technical Committee on
Sensor Networks (INCITS/SN1) to any interested parties in your committees or
organizations.	Responses to the call for members are requested by January 28
and contributions are requested by January 15.

>Best regards -
>

>Jennifer T. Garner
>Director, Standards Programs
>INCITS/Information Technology Industry Council
>1101 K Street NW  Suite 610
>Washington, DC 20005
>T:   202.626.5737
>E:   jgarner at itic.org
>W:  <www.incits.org">http://www.incits.org>www.incits.org

>sn1-2010-00001
>
>eb-2010-00006
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1101 K Street NW, Suite 610, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888
>

>Date:	January 4, 2010
>Reply to:  Barbara Bennett
>Phone:  (202) 626-5741
>email:  bbennett at itic.org
>

>----------
>Subject:
>Meeting Announcement for the Organizational Meeting of INCITS/SN1 - Sensor
Networks, Call for Members and Call for Contributions

>----------
>

>The organizational meeting of proposed INCITS Technical Committee SN1 -
Sensor Networks*, will be held by teleconference on February 1, 2010:

>Monday, February 1, 2010
>11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (Eastern) / 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Pacific)
>
>Dial:	1-888-875-9370 or 1-916-356-2663
>Bridge:  1
>Passcode:  8438903
>
>The meeting will be convened by the interim Convener, Dr. Timothy Schoechle
of Farance, Inc.

>The draft agenda and meeting documents are available at:
>
><http://www.incits.org/sn1/1002_sn1">http://www.incits.org/sn1/1002_sn1_1.zip>http://www.incits.org/sn1/1002_sn1
_1.zip

>Membership on INCITS/SN1 is open to all directly and materially affected
interests. In order to comply with ANSI requirements, while all parties may
participate in the discussion, only those organizations domiciled in the US
may vote to establish a US position on TAG matters. The committee will
operate under the ANSI-accredited procedures of the InterNational Committee
for Information Technology Standards (INCITS).	All organizations that attend
the first meeting or second meeting and request voting membership will attain
voting rights immediately.

>Requested Action
>
>Please send requests for membership, RSVPs for the organizational meeting to
Barbara Bennett (bbennett at itic.org) by January 28, 2010.  Contributions for
consideration at the formation meeting should be submitted by January 15,
2010 for posting to the two-week draft agenda.

>----------
>
>* Proposed Scope for INCITS/SN1 - Sensor Networks, as Under Ballot by the
INCITS Executive Board (excerpt from eb-2009-01674)

>Proposal for the Establishment of a New INCITS Technical Committee on Sensor
Networks to Serve as the US TAG to JTC 1/WG 7

>The INCITS Executive Board approves the establishment of a new INCITS
Technical Committee on Sensor Networks, INCITS/SN1, and designates INCITS/SN1
as the US TAG to ISO/IEC JTC 1/WG 7 Sensor Networks. The INCITS/SN1 area of
work will address standardization in the areas assigned to JTC 1/WG 7 which
currently include:
>1) In the area of generic solutions for sensor networks, undertake
standardization activities that support and apply to the technical work of
all relevant JTC 1 entities and to other standards organizations. This would
include activities in sensor networks such as the following:

>a) Standardization of terminology.
>b) Development of a taxonomy.
>c) Standardization of reference architectures.
>d) Development of guidelines for interoperability.
>
>2) In the area of application$B!>(Joriented sensor networks, identify gaps
and commonalities as they may impact standardization activities within the
scope of JTC 1. Further, share this information with relevant entities within
and outside of JTC 1. Unless better pursued within another JTC 1 entity, the
following standardization activities may be pursued as projects by this
Working Group:

>a) Addressing the technology gaps within the scope of JTC 1 entities.
>b) Exploiting technology opportunities where it is desirable to provide
common approaches to the use of sensor networks across application domains.

>The JTC 1 Plenary at its meeting in Tel Aviv passed resolution 35 - Transfer
of Sensor Networking Application Project:

>To support generic standardization of reference architectures, JTC 1 will
provide ongoing development of $B!H(JReference model for sensor network
applications and services$B!I(J project by transferring ISO/IEC 29182 from SC
6 to the Working Group on Sensor Networks.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907