[SAT query]Simultaneous support for security protocol - "Device Server Password Security" and "TCG"

James C Hatfield james.c.hatfield at seagate.com
Wed Feb 17 08:01:41 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1002171_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Yes. That is what it means.
There is a similar restriction in the ATA standards.
In fact, the ATA restriction is the source of the T10 restriction.
ref: ATA8-ACS, ACS-2	 (at www.t13.org)
- While ATA security feature set shows 'locked', these commands shall abort:
     TRUSTED SEND
     TRUSTED SEND DMA
     TRUSTED RECEIVE
     TRUSTED RECEIVE DMA
     TRUSTED NON-DATA
I keep arguing the case to change the restriction (in T13), but there is
substantial opposition to the proposal.
Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
Seagate Technology LLC
  e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
  s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
  voice:  720-684-2120
  fax....: 720-684-2766