READ (6), WRITE (6), et al.

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Thu Dec 9 07:17:12 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1012093_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

As soon as you obsolete commands, testing will stop- as you clearly
would like it to. It's already bad enough with non-obsoleted commands.
You are trading costs that manufacturers incur to costs that users with
legacy systems incur. Oh, and yes, you are lightening costs this body
incurs by having to maintain interactions with older specifications
which, like arterial plaque, drive us toward an untimely death.