READ (6), WRITE (6), et al.

Sam.Pappal at gdc4s.com Sam.Pappal at gdc4s.com
Wed Dec 8 16:00:46 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1012082_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Some legacy hosts currently in wide use and perhaps some drivers try
Read 6 during boot and operation as part of failure recovery. These
hosts will hang there and may require reboot if Read 6 is not supported
by the drive. ..  can become a deadly embrace in my experience.
Sam
Systems Engineering Staff
781-455-5314