SBC-3 - Verify CDB - Unrecovered Read Error

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Tue Sep 1 16:11:12 PDT 2009

That should be covered in (references based on sbc3r19):
	Section 4.15.1 Error reporting overview
	Table 5 Sense data field usage for direct-access block devices
However, that table restricts itself to:
	"Any command that accesses the medium, based on the
       Read-Write Error Recovery mode page".
It does not mention the Verify Error Recovery mode page.
The Verify Error Recovery mode page has the same error recovery bits
(EER, PER, DTE, and DCR) as the Read-Write Error Recovery mode page,
and refers to the Read-Write Error Recovery mode page section 6.3.5
table 133 for their definition. Table 133 states that the INFORMATION
field shall contain the LBA of the error.
I recommend that Table 5 be modified to include "or the Verify Error
Recovery mode page" and point to 6.4.6 alongside 6.4.5; a proposal
or letter ballot comment will probably be needed.
---
Rob Elliott, HP Industry Standard Server Storage

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org