SAS-2.1 STATEYE Code. Reference Transmitter/Receiver Device Termination

Scot Baumgartner scotb at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 2 11:43:27 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0910024_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

There is something that I am confused about.	I expected the Reference
Transmitter Device Termination (TxRefTerm.s4p) and the Reference Receiver
Device Termination (RxRefTerm.s4p) to be used in the SAS-2.1 Annex C
StatEye code.	  But it is not.
Is the user expected to add these, or equivalent,  to their own version of
the StatEye code?
--- Some Notes.  From  sas21-r04.pdf  -----
- pg 130, Section 5.6.5 TxRx connection characteristics.
  "Simulation results using:
   b) the reference transmitter device
   c) the reference receiver device
- pg 158.  Section 5.8.4.6.5 Reference transmitter device characteristics
  Reference TX Device is used for TxRx connection compliance testing.
 TxRefTerm.s4p is part of Reference TX Device
Scot Baumgartner.  IBM Austin, Texas.  512-286-5273.  363-5273