SSC-4: Programmable Early Warning question

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 1 17:21:01 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0910014_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Curtis,
Yes, parameters rounded would be better and more consistent with mode
pages.
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
From:
"Ballard, Curtis C (StorageWorks)" <curtis.ballard at hp.com>
To:
Kevin D Butt/Tucson/IBM at IBMUS, "t10 at t10.org" <t10 at t10.org>
Date:
10/01/2009 03:23 PM
RE: SSC-4: Programmable Early Warning question
In the interest of having a complete specification it would be appropriate
to specify behavior although I would hope that an application would never
make that mistake.
Rather than reject the command I would be inclined to have a device
specific maximum PEWS zone and report a recovered error with the PEWS zone
set to the maximum allowed.
Curtis Ballard
Hewlett Packard