Question Regarding 09-268 SPL - STP Extended Buffer Support

Olawsky, Barry Barry.Olawsky at hp.com
Mon Nov 2 09:30:02 PST 2009

* "Olawsky, Barry" <Barry.Olawsky at hp.com>
*
Tim (Symons),
During the SFF-8636/8449 conference call on October 22nd a question was posed
for which we need your assistance to answer. Tom Palkert of Luxtera proposed
using cable length to estimate the end-device to end-device propagation
delay. To determine if this is a feasible technique, we need to know the
maximum acceptable total propagation delay error including resolution and
accuracy errors. Since you propose limits on this parameter in 09-268 we
thought you might have valuable input on this topic.
Barry Olawsky
Hewlett Packard
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org