WRITE_AND_VERIFY doubt

Flavio Junior billpp at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:52:28 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0905080_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi folks, afternoon.
I've a tad doubt when writing a simple code to sends a WRITE_AND_VERIFY
(0x2E) command to a scsi device.
I need to do it to decide if this is a primary (and read-write) storage or a
secundary (and read-only) storage (ibm ds4700), and adjust my I/O MultiPath
priority accordingly, and i need to run it periodically to check if the
roles change.
My doubt is, is there a area that I cant safety use this command without
risk to corrupt the data on disk? I'm not a really developer, just make some
researches and read some codes to assembly my own, here is the code:
http://pastebin.com/m22b06f04
O course, if there is a way more elegant to get this info I'll appreciate if
someone says me. :)
Really thanks in advance and some sorries for english and dumb question.
--
Flávio do Carmo Jùnior
Florianopolis/SC, Brazil