UAS Query

Madhukar madhukar.gubba at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:24:25 PDT 2009

* Madhukar <madhukar.gubba at gmail.com>
*
Hi All,
I'm a linux device driver developer. I was looking at UAS
specification document. I have basic question from a driver developer
perspective. Pardon me if this is not the right question that needs to
be asked at this place.
The command sequence diagram for non-data, data-in or data-out has a
different sequence of communication. Does the driver developer need to
determine type of SCSI command and then handle appropriate command
sequece?
if <read> SCSI command
{
	handle data-in command sequece
}
if <write> SCSI command
{
	handle data-out command sequece
}
anything else
{
	handle non-data command sequence
}
The existing BOT protocol does not require to know the type of SCSI
command, it just fills command block wrapper and gets respose in
command status wrapper.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Madhukar