Device configuration

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 18 07:07:16 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0903180_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

We have found issues with using mode pages for certain device
configuration items.  The problem is that some configuration items get
modified inadvertently when an application client is attempting to modify
a different configuration item.  This occurs since mode pages become a
collection of disparate items.	I am contemplating bringing in a proposal
to add a "device attributes" for configuration - similar to Read/Write
Attributes but target at the device instead of MAM.
Is this something that is worth attempting?
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com