zoning Load step clarification

Greg Tabor greg.tabor at maxim-ic.com
Thu Mar 5 16:39:50 PST 2009

* Greg Tabor <greg.tabor at maxim-ic.com>
*
Steve,
With regard to your statement:
> CONFIGURE ZONE PHY INFORMATION can change the zone group of a phy/s
> this may require route table updates throughout the topology. During
> these route table changes it is possible that OPEN_REJECT (NO
> DESTINATION) could temporarily be encountered. Therefore we still
> need to handle the NO DESTINATION case.
I don't really understand how that could happen unless an expander has
to rearrange its hardware route table in the process of changing the
zone group for one or more of its entries.  Are you asserting that that
may be required - perhaps hardware dependent, or am I missing something
in my fundamental understanding of how this works?  In any case, I'm
willing to concede the point.  I'm OK with your suggestion.
Greg
--
Greg Tabor
Maxim Integrated Products