Comment on 09-087

Mark Evans Mark.Evans at wdc.com
Wed Mar 4 09:33:11 PST 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0903045_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi Gerry,
The current wording reads, "A DEVOFFL bit set to zero prohibits diagnostic
operations [(e.g.,
alteration of reservations, log parameters, or sense data)] that may be
detected by subsequent tasks."	This doesn't specify subsequent tasks only
for other logical units.  All I did in my proposal was make the "set to
zero" case be the inverse of the "set to one".	However, I will be happy to
raise your issue during discussion of this proposal during the CAP meeting
in March.
Please feel free to call or send an email to me with any comments or
questions that you have about this stuff.
Regards,
Mark Evans
Western Digital Corporation