Comment on 09-087

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Wed Mar 4 07:42:44 PST 2009

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*
I am in general agreement with this proposal, but would like to see one
wording change.
The proposal currently has this sentence:
"A DEVOFFL bit set to zero specifies that the device server shall not
perform any diagnostic operations that affect all the logical units in the
SCSI target device."
This should be rephrased to:
"A DEVOFFL bit set to zero specifies that the device server shall not
perform any diagnostic operations that affect [any logical units other than
the specified logical unit] in the SCSI target device."
The new words I am proposing are within the square brackets. The current
wording could allow more than one logical unit to be affected if the device
supports multiple logical units, or it could be interpreted as prohibiting
any diagnostic operations if the device contains only one logical unit (the
one unit would be "all" of the logical units). I will not be attending the
March T10 meetings, but would like this improvement considered during
discussion of the proposal.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org