Protecting data in buffer with an SA

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Tue Mar 3 15:23:11 PST 2009

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Kevin,
I am having difficulty parsing everything that follows, "There
is an ESP-SCSI defined for parameter in data but no method for
selecting which SA to use to protect it" in the original message.
Every ESP-SCSI format that I have checked contains an SAI
(Security Association Index) -- either DS_SAI or AC_SAI --
that identifies the SA to be applied when protecting the data.
Perhaps my confusion over the other questions will be clarified
when the inability of SAIs to identify SAs is explained.
All the best,
.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org