Protecting data in buffer with an SA

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 3 14:12:12 PST 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0903034_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

IBM is looking at what would be required to protect a data in buffer with
an SA.	There is an ESP-SCSI defined for parameter in data but no method
for selecting which SA to use to protect it.  How does the application
client tell the device server which SA to use?	Since there are no SAI
fields in the CDB's for the commands that request the data we are looking
to protect, we don't see how to do this.
Has anybody thought about this yet?
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com