An error of MMC4/5

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Jun 29 17:55:59 PDT 2009

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Bill,
I received a comment about an error of MMC4/5.
MMC3 and all version of Fuji described about Event Data Length field of Event
Header in GET EVENT/STATUS NOTIFICATION Command and SEND EVENT Command as
follows;
mmc3r10g.pdf (November 12, 2001)
-PDF page 157 after Table 80
The Event Data Length field specifies the amount of data that follows the
Event
Status Notification Header. The amount of data reported shall be the number
of
bytes following the Event Data Length field.
-PDF page 301 after Table 307
The Event Parameter Length field specifies the number of bytes that follow
the
Event Parameter Length field.
All Fuji version (Fuji7R111.pdf)
-PDF page 633 after table 453
The Event Data Length field specifies the amount of data that follows this
field. The amount of data reported shall be the number of bytes data
following
the Event Data Length field.
MMC4/5 described as follows (MMC5-BSR+INCITS+430.pdf);
-PDF page 392 after table 276
The Event Descriptor Length field specifies the number of bytes of data that
follows the Event Status Notification Header.
I believe that The "the Event Status Notification Header" should be "the
Event
Descriptor Length field". Otherwise the value of this length field has
difference of 2 between MMC3/Fuji and MMC4/5.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP..
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org