Reminder: SAS-2.1 PHY WG teleconference, 6/11, 9:30 am CDT

Felton_Mickey at emc.com Felton_Mickey at emc.com
Fri Jun 26 07:36:11 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0906261_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Barry and T10 committee-
I was wondering if we should also call out the I2C modes that are
available to use across the common management interface. Today many
cables conform to a Byte read, and many SFP modules conform to a Word
read and some even support a Block mode read. But I'm not sure its eve
been stated what I2C modes are supported across the interface to
facilitate quicker reads of these cable EEPROMS. It sure would be nice
to support Block reads to get the data 4x faster than a typical Byte
read.
What does everyone think?
Thank you for your time!
-Mick