Comments on 09-241r0 (SCSI Referrals)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 6 09:51:05 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0907061_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

George,
I tried to follow this proposal on SCSI Referrals and have the following
comments.
1) 6.3.4 User Data Segment VPD page (this section is all new), seems to
specify what the fields mean when set to zero (or when set to one) but not
when set to a different value.	These fields need to be fully specified.
2) The CbCS permissions are listed for the report logical block referrals
command but I am wondering how the logical block referrals descriptor of
the ne GOOD WITH SENSE DATA is covered by CbCS.
SBC-3: SPC-4;  SCSI Referrals
(by: George Penokie)
T10/09-241r0   Uploaded: 2009/06/30   157475 bytes
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com