Question on SAT re: translation of STANDBY

Mark Overby MOverby at nvidia.com
Fri Jan 30 09:12:50 PST 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0901301_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Issuing STANDBY IMMEDIATE forces the timer to be disable until you return to
the active state. (It has an equivalent behavior of the timer going to zero
immediately) (I'm excluding the unload feature of the standby immediate for
simplicity). So I believe it accomplishes what was expected.
Also, when that translation was first created - no timers were supported.