Fwd: INCITS Elects New Chairman/Vice Chairman of Executive Board

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Sat Jan 24 14:22:53 PST 2009

Attachment #1: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0901240_incits_new_chair.pdf">incits_new_chair.pdf</a>

For your information. -- John
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: "eb at standards.incits.org" <eb at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "incits-chairs at lyris.itic.org" <incits-chairs at lyris.itic.org>,
>	 "vice-chairs at standards.incits.org"
<vice-chairs at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "irs at standards.incits.org" <irs at standards.incits.org>,
>	 "sc-tags at standards.incits.org" <sc-tags at standards.incits.org>
>Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:57:21 -0700
>Subject: INCITS Elects New Chairman/Vice Chairman of Executive Board
>
>See attached release.

>WASHINGTON, D.C. – Don Wright, Standards Director for Lexmark International,
has been elected as the new chairman of the InterNational Committee for
Information Technology Standards, or INCITS.  Wright, who has more than 29
years of experience in the field of engineering, marketing, software and
standards development, succeeds Karen Higginbottom of Hewlett-Packard, who
had been chair since 1999.

>Wright said his first challenge will be at the INCITS strategic meeting this
month, where members will explore ways to expand the influence of the
Committee and what additional new areas that INCITS can branch into. INCITS
is the	primary organization for setting technology standards.

>“We should look at new areas for INCITS to go so we can generate new
technical work,” said Wright. “I hope to work with other committee members to
discuss both expanding what we do and addressing the challenges we face.
Standardization has to remain connected to cutting edge technology.”  Wright
holds a BS and a Masters of Electrical Engineering from the University of
Louisville.

>In addition to Wright, Donald Deutsch, a senior executive at Oracle
Corporation in California, has been elected as the Vice Chairman of the
INCITS Executive Board. Deutsch, a 30-year veteran of information technology,
earned a BS from Miami University and both a doctorate degree and an MBA from
the University of Maryland.

>ABOUT INCITS
>The InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards - or INCITS
- is the primary U.S. entity dedicated to formulating and promoting the
effective use of standards in the field of Information and Communications
Technologies (ICT). The area of focus for INCITS encompasses storage,
processing, transfer, display, management, organization, and retrieval of
information. The organization has an Executive Board comprised of the leading
companies, government agencies, universities and other institutions devoted
to standardization for information technology. INCITS and the Information
Technology Industry Council (ITI) are jointly accredited by, and operate
under rules approved by, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907