SPC-4 Ommission

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Thu Jan 15 10:28:18 PST 2009

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*
I think the reason MMC-x was omitted from the SBC-3 reference is that MMC-x
defines its own START STOP UNIT command, therefore it is not dependent on
the SBC-3 description of that command.
This does bring up the point that maybe the Power Condition feature (or
some subset thereof) should be added to MMC-6 if there is a demand for this
feature. I would be willing to work with Bill McFerrin or any other regular
MMC group member if the MMC group wants this.
	     Bill McFerrin
	     <billmc37 at ctesc.n
	     et>							To
	     Sent by:		       T10 Reflector <T10 at t10.org>
	     owner-t10 at t10.org						cc
								   Subject
				       SPC-4 Ommission
	     01/15/2009 10:02
	     AM
* Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>
*
SPC-4, rev 17 refers only to SBC-3 and RBC wrt Power Condition State
selection using the START STOP UNIT command in 5.10.1. The methodology
was in MMC-4 and MMC-5.
Yes, we feel slighted.
Cheers,
Bill McFerrin, MMC WG