COMINIT received during speed negotiation states.

Bill.Martin at emulex.com Bill.Martin at emulex.com
Mon Jan 5 10:05:10 PST 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0901050_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

During the SP9:SAS_WindowNotSupported and SP14:SAS_Fail states, COMINIT is
required to be ignored (it is not specified as a specific transition out of
these states.  I realize that after a Hot-Plug timeout another COMINIT will
be generated; however, is there any reason that a COMINIT should NOT be
detected in these two states?
If there is no reason not to detect this in these states, I will generate a
proposal for SPL to allow a transition based on detection of COMINIT in these
two states.
Thanks,
Bill Martin
Emulex