Reminder: SAS PHY WG Teleconference Feb 12, 2009 10:00 am CST

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Wed Feb 11 12:12:00 PST 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0902111_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Teleconference Feb 12, 2009 10:00 am CST
USA Toll Free Dial in Number: (877)810-9442
International Access/Caller Paid Dial In Number: (636)651-3190
PARTICIPANT CODE: 3243413
WEBEX information:
Topic: SAS-2.1 PHY WG
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009
Time: 10:00 am, Central Standard Time (GMT -06:00, Chicago)
Meeting Number: 826 515 680
Meeting Password: newsas
Agenda:
1.  Connector voting at the next PHY WG meeting.
	Internal high-density
	External high-density
Voting rules:
Given the recent emphasis from INCITS on getting people to join T10, the
voting will be limited to one vote per T10 member company. I know that in
the past I allowed one vote per company present (member or not), but I
have been instructed to tighten up our working group voting requirements.
By T10 member, we are willing to include T10 Advisory Members in the
working group votes. This will allow people to join T10 and vote
immediately on working group recommendations, provided they pay their
fees. The attendee status will be available on the meeting attendance log.
As usual, working group recommendations are not binding on T10. T10 will
take its own vote subject to the usual voting requirements there (one vote
per voting member company).
I will also enforce the 2-week posting rule for any proposal to be voted
on.
2.  Status of connector and s-parameter information for 2/20 deadline.
>From the January meeting minutes:
February 20, 2009 is the deadline for posting s-parameter files (20GHz),
NEXT, FEXT and insertion loss characteristics for cable proposals of
1-meter and 10-meter lengths. Additional lengths may be posted if the
manufacturer desires to do so. The earlier these parameters are made
available, the better for having designs evaluated. Any mechanical
proposal updates should also be posted by this deadline. Please post
notification to the T10 reflector when electrical or mechanical data is
available.
3.  How do we test an active cable?
4. New items.
Alvin Cox