Multiple Commands in USB-2 - UAS

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Wed Aug 19 07:01:22 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0908191_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>
Attachment #1: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0908191_graycol.gif">graycol.gif</a>
Attachment #2: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0908191_pic29720.gif">pic29720.gif</a>
Attachment #3: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0908191_ecblank.gif">ecblank.gif</a>

I would say yes. The important thing to allow multiple commands is that the
packets (e.g., COMMAND IU, SENSE IU, READ READY, or WRITE READY for USB-2
and ERDY for USB-3) have a tag so that data being transferred can be
correctly associated with its command. This information is defined to be in
place for both USB-2 and USB-3. I believe there are some restrictions on
interveaving data (i.e., once data transfer starts for a command, all data
for that command must be transferred before data can be transferred for
another command).
	     Madhukar
	     <madhukar.gubba at g
	     mail.com>							To
	     Sent by:		       t10 at t10.org
	     owner-t10 at t10.org						cc
	     No Phone Info
	     Available						   Subject
				       Re: Multiple Commands in USB-2 -
				       UAS
	     08/19/2009 07:05
	     AM
* Madhukar <madhukar.gubba at gmail.com>
*

> I was going through Multiple Commands in UAS spec. The spec did not
> mention if multiple commands is supported in USB-2. I would like to
> know if multiple commands is
> handled in USB-2 or is it only supported for USB-3.

It has been two days, but there is no answer. I'm having troubles
while implementing multiple commands in USB-2. I wanted to make sure
if multiple commands can be supported in USB-2.
Please let me know.
Thanks And Regards,
madhukar
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org