Multiple Commands in UAS

Mark Overby MOverby at nvidia.com
Mon Aug 10 17:09:11 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0908103_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I disagree with your assertion. The method of reception of the SENSE IU is
independent of how you transmit the COMMAND IU on a separate pipe.
*
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Curtis Stevens<curtis.stevens at wdc.com>
wrote:
> You need to wait for the USB ACK on the status pipe before sending the Read
> Ready IU.  In USB-2, you will only be able to send the Read Ready IU in
> response to a request for the IU from the initiator port.

Thank You for the reply.
So, it means two requests cannot be processed at same point of time
|from two different threads on same pipe. The second request can only
be started when there is an ACK for the first request. The second
request need to wait for the completion of first one and start it at
later point of time.
Is this different in case of USB-3?
Thank You.
Regards,
madhukar
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
------
contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.	If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by