DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Proposal

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Fri Apr 3 01:34:39 PDT 2009

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Bill,
May I correct your writing a little bit.
It was not proposal from Pioneer.
It was a report and a suggestion from me.
You said that it is not a small job to check the description of RW DL media
in
MMC6.
Then I reported that there was no disc product and no device product for RW
DL
media. This means that no one might not read the description of RW DL
carefully.
Because MMC6 will be submitted to ISO you might be prudent in dealing with
MMC6.
So I suggested that you may remove them.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>@t10.org on 2009/04/02 01:16:22
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-t10 at t10.org
$B08 at h(B:  T10 Reflector <T10 at t10.org>, "Mt.Fuji" <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>
cc:
$B7oL>(B:  DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Proposal
* Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>
*
Dear MMC Members:
At our last meeting, Katata-san of Pioneer made the claim that no
company has ever marketed DVD-RW DL media nor drives that support it. He
proposes that we remove it from MMC-6.
Similarly, we have seen neither media nor drives that support DVD+RW DL.
I am not sure that we should do this without further information. If you
have more information about DVD+/-RW DL, please post to these reflectors.
Kind Regards,
Bill McFerrin, Chair MMC WG
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org