Fwd: [incits-chairs] Reminder to INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group and Study Group Chairs Regarding Required Elements for Meeting Minutes

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Thu Sep 25 13:37:51 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0809252_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

To people who take minutes in T10 meetings:
Please note that while ad hoc groups (a.k.a., working groups) are not
required to follow these rules, I think it is a good idea they follow as much
of these 'required elements' as is practical. Obviously ad hoc groups do not
have permanent memberships, so do not need to report membership changes.
John
>From: "Barra, Lynn" <lbarra at itic.org>
>To: "incits-chairs at lyris.itic.org" <incits-chairs at lyris.itic.org>
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:27:48 -0600
>Subject: [incits-chairs] Reminder to INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group
> and Study Group Chairs Regarding Required Elements for Meeting Minutes
>

>in081275
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
>
>Date:
>September 25, 2008
>Reply to:
>Lynn Barra
>Phone:
>202.626.5739
>Email:
>lbarra at itic.org
>

>----------
>
>To:
>INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group and Study Group Officers
>Subject:
>Reminder to INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group and Study Group Chairs
Regarding Required Elements for Meeting Minutes (INCITS/RD-2, Section 4.3.5)
>From:
>Lynn Barra, INCITS Secretariat
>

>----------
>This notification is a reminder to INCITS Technical Committee, Task Group
and Study Group Chairs regarding the required elements for meeting minutes.
Please ensure that this information is distributed to all persons preparing
the minutes of your meetings.  If you have any questions regarding this
procedure, please contact the INCITS Secretariat.

>INCITS/RD-2, Section 4.3.5, Minutes:
>
>All IOEs, except ad hoc groups, are required to produce minutes of their
meetings. IOE draft minutes shall be reviewed and accepted by the INCITS
Secretariat prior to distribution to the committee and shall be distributed
to members within four weeks after the adjournment of the meeting.

>Results of Ad Hoc group meetings shall be reported in accordance with
Section 3.1.5.

>The required contents of minutes are as follows:
>    * Date(s), location(s), Chair, Secretary, hour of opening and
adjournment.
>    * Reference to the INCITS Anti-Trust and IPR Guidelines
>    * Summary of significant actions taken.
>    * Membership information, to include:
>a.	  List of attendees, organization and representatives;
>b.	 documentation of membership changes since the last meeting, (new or
terminated membership, establishment or loss of voting rights, prospective
memberships;
>c.	  membership jeopardy information (failure to attend meetings,
respond to letter ballots);
>d.	 total number of voting members.
>    * Approved agenda (or approved changes to draft agenda).
>    * Approval of previous meeting minutes.
>    * Each motion seconded and not withdrawn, identifying maker of the
motion, the fact of a second, and the voting results.
>    * Future meeting schedule.
>    * List of action items assigned to members.
>
>IOEs are encouraged to use the minutes template, as provided by the
Secretariat, to produce their meeting minutes.

>Individual remarks or detailed transcripts need not to be recorded; however,
any specific statement should be recorded when requested by the Chair, group,
or a member. Records of discussions and actions taken pertaining to any topic
for which attendance is restricted shall not be included in the minutes,
except to record that a position was developed.

Standards<http://www.incits.org/&gt;
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>
>Notice
>This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. This mailing list may not be used for unlawful purposes. All
postings should be relevant, but ITI accepts no responsibility for any
posting and may terminate access to any subscriber violating any policies of
the Association. Please review the INCITS Anti-Trust Guidelines at
<http://www.incits.org/inatrust.htm">http://www.incits.org/inatrust.htm>http://www.incits.org/inatrust.htm

>Please be advised that replying to this message goes to the sender. If you
wish to send a reply to all on the list, please respond with "Reply All". If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907