I_T nexus loss

Shawn Authement Shawn.Authement at texmemsys.com
Wed Sep 24 11:26:28 PDT 2008

* Shawn Authement <Shawn.Authement at texmemsys.com>
*
All,
I am currently researching device behavior with respect to N_Port login
and was wondering if anyone can provide clarification.
Q: If an already-logged-in N_Port performs login again (via PLOGI), is
this considered an I_T nexus loss as defined by SAM-3, 6.3.4?
The ENDL Fibre Channel Bench Reference implies that re-Login causes an
implicit Logout.  However, I cannot find any supporting information in
either the FCP-3 for FC-LS specifications.  My goal is to ultimately
determine whether a SCSI Target Port should set a Unit Attention if a
SCSI Initiator Port re-logs in.
Thank you for your your help!
--
Shawn Authement