Number of ECC bytes

Bill.Martin at emulex.com Bill.Martin at emulex.com
Thu Sep 18 10:09:34 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0809182_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have looked and not found a mechanism for determining the number of
ECC bytes per logical block on an attached device.  Is there any place
in any mode page that this information is available, or any other
mechanism to determine this information?  I know that READ LONG allows
reading of this information, but it is vendor specific where this
information is, and there is no information in the return about what
portion of the additional data is ECC and what portion is WRProtect etc.
Thanks for any input.
Bill Martin
Emulex
Office of Technology