DVD CSS Feature Descriptor/DVD-Download

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Sep 3 18:07:19 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0809035_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Jim has got a point with regards to the availability of feature 10Eh for
blank DVD-Download medium.
Feature 106h needs to be current for recorded DVD-Download disc, otherwise
legacy DVD playback applications wouldn't work.
Btw, Kohda-san kindly pointed me to the unintended double negation in my
proposal of alternate working. Please read accordingly: "This bit shall be
set to zero if neither a DVD CSS/CPPM medium nor a recordable DVD-Download
medium is not present."
With regards,
David.